How To Install the Facebook Pixel On Your Website?
What is a Facebook Pixel, how do I install on my website and what on earth is a conversion? Allow me to explain!
For those of you using Facebook Advertising successfully, you’ll know that all about the Facebook pixel and how important it is to track your results.
The Facebook Ads pixel tracks your results for Facebook Adverts. It also allows you to optimise ads, create more detailed targeting, dynamic ad targeting, conversion tracking, and track purchases and conversions.
Even though the above benefits are quite apparent, there are still many businesses unsure how to install the Facebook Pixel on your website, or the right way to install it.
In today’s article, we are going to have a closer look at how to install the Facebook pixel on your website in a simple process.
Locate the Pixel: The first step of installing the Facebook pixels is to locate them first. If you have not created the pixel, then go to your Facebook business page and create a Facebook pixel by following these steps:
- Go to your ad account and select pixel from the drop down at the top left hand side
- Once in the pixel page, click on the green button of ‘set up pixel’.
- In case, you have already created a Facebook Pixel than go to the top and click the grey button of ‘Set up pixel’ and you’ll be able to access the code again.
- Then you will have options to choose how you want to install it. We suggest you click on the second option for Copy and Paste of the code unless you have a web developer or agency managing your adverts, in which case you can email instructions which is one of the options available.
- You then need to upload the code into the header of your website on every page. The setup process for this varies with different website setups, so check with your provider.
WordPress Theme Setting: If your website is on WordPress, then luckily you will have plenty of options.
I highly recommend the plug in Headers and Footerswhich is easy to install, and you can then pop the pixel on there.
Some other plug ins include Pixel Caffeine, Tracking Code Manager, and PixelYourSite Pro. These Plugins are highly compatible with Facebook Pixels for better usage.
The method mentioned above is one of the several methods that can be used to install the Facebook Pixel on your website. Other methods include Google Tag Manager and Shopify too which have step by step instructions for users.
As long as the pixel is working, that’s all you need so you can track your Facebook results easily.