Having Local SEO for Small Business is crucial if you want to attract more clients and customers. We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again…if your customers aren’t finding you, they are finding your competition.
Let’s get into some numbers…
- 46% of all searches on Google are local (that’s the bit with the maps).
SERP for Marketing Agency Varsity Lakes
- About 89% of people search for a local business on their smartphone at least once a week, with 58% searching daily.
- And from that search, 72% will visit a store within five miles.
- These numbers tell you one thing. If you don’t have Local SEO for Small Business in place, then you’re missing out on another powerful and available opportunity to grow your business.
- A strong local SEO strategy is key to driving more people to your store because searchers usually click (and trust) the first links or websites that they see on the search page.
What is Local SEO?
Local SEO is similar to organic SEO with the geographical component. The goal is to rank high in the search engine result pages [SERP] for local searches.
You want people searching for your type of business in your area to find your website first so they can come to you. It’s placing your business on top of the heap, on top of all the other competition.
What is the Importance of Local SEO Your Small Business?
Targets Relevant Traffic
One of the rookie mistakes for small companies when they first get into SEO is to focus only on generating more traffic to the website. They do not look deeper into the profile of visitors as well. With local SEO, you can target those who are actually looking to do business in your local area.
Leads to Offline Sales
Local SEO gives offline retailers and service providers a competitive edge. One consumer survey found that nearly 80 per cent of local searches (on a mobile device) eventually resulted in an offline purchase.
Local Searchers Are Ready To Buy
Google research shows that 50% of consumers who complete a local search on their mobile phones end up visiting a store within a day.
Google Places a High Priority on Local Searches
Amongst all search engines, only a few if any can rival Google. Google has access to raw data that tells how specific search patterns lead to particular consumer behaviour. Recent revisions to the search algorithm prioritised local businesses.
As a result, you will receive preferential placement over bigger companies simply because your business is geographically closer to local searchers.
Leads to Profit
Ultimately, local SEO is important because you want to make a profit. Local SEO will help businesses make more profit along with the much needed online exposure. Traffic for your website can increase if your site is listed in the top spot of the SERP which is an opportunity for you to make sales.
The Definitive Guide to Local SEO
How Important is Local SEO to Your Business?
Why Local SEO is Important for Your Business
We can help you create a local SEO strategy that fits your local business. Let’s talk about it. We’d love to help you.
# Related Tags: Seo Agency Gold Coast