You know it, and we know it, but today we’re emphasising the point; using Instagram Stories for business can help your marketing and sales.
Let’s look at the numbers:
- 500 million Instagram accounts use Instagram Stories per day – a massive pool of users you can market your business to.
- 1/3 of the most viewed Instagram Stories are from business accounts, and one in five receive a direct message from viewers.
- 62% of users say they become more interested in a brand after seeing it on InstaStories
Since its launch in 2016, Instagram Stories have become a part of many businesses’ digital marketing strategy. Those using stories successfully continue doing so, as their stories generate tangible results.
Reasons To Use Instagram Stories For Business
Stay At The Top Of Customer’s Mind
As a business, you want customers to remember you first when they need a product or service. These 15-second Instagram Stories that disappear in 24 hours are similar to saying a quick hi and hello to your target audience. Regularly publishing Instagram Stories helps you stay at the top of your customer’s mind at all times.
Improve Brand Visibility
Notify your followers of new posts or content. Promote your recent blogs, events, products or services along with other company updates. Since the users’ Instagram Stories icons are located at the top of the feed with a colourful ring indicating a New Story published, it will be hard for your followers to miss it.
Encourage Real Time Marketing
Instagram Stories supports real time marketing. It allows you to take your target audience with you during crucial moments as they are happening. Real time marketing creates transparency, therefore building trust among your audience.
Here Are Some Instagram Stories For Business Content Ideas
- Ask and answer questions
- Promote a new blog, product or service
- Share your location and tag other business pages
- Show behind-the-scenes of you, your team and business
- Post polls or quizzes that are relevant to your business
- Tease for upcoming events, products or services
- Share other accounts memes and inspirational quotes
- Feature business collaborations to help cross promote
- Share your opinion on topical debates
- Host contests and giveaways
Instagram Stories gives you the option to share many different aspects of your business, so ensure you utilise the features to the max!
- Use location tagging to make your business discoverable locally and globally,
- Include hashtags to increase the searchability of your profile and your content among the Instagram community.
- Take advantage of the trending GIFS for more reach
- Add music (not all accounts have music) to uplift and inspire
If you need help with creating a strategy on using Instagram Stories for business, let us know. We’re always happy to help.
Related Article: 5 Ways Businesses Are Using Instagram Stories