We recently came across this document in HubSpot which explains and breaks down Pinterest for new and existing users.
If you’re planning on using it for your business, then it’s definitely worth a read.
Please click here for access to the PDF version of An Introduction to Pinterest
In summary top tips for using Pinterest for your business:
- Use unique & original pictures/photos to drive traffic
- Create boards that help tell your story to your target audience
- Pair products, Pages and Important Content with great images
- Pin others content to build a wider following
- Host Competitions – “Pin it to Win it!”
- Pin Offers
How to get followers on Pinterest:
- Start Following others – Use the “Find Friends” tool
- Create your boards on things that interest you and align with your target market!
- Start Pinning, Liking and Commenting and they will follow
- Spend 10 minutes per day scrolling though pins, build the content and they will come.
- Establish your pins and followers before running contests or promoting offers
- Add a Pinterest Button to Facebook
- Promote it on Twitter!