If you want to promote your business, we recommend creating marketing videos that engage and attract your target audience. Here’s how to create marketing videos, and you can do it easily with steps 1…2…3.
Why Create Marketing Videos, Is It Worth It?
Let’s look at the numbers according to Wyzowl’s Video Marketing Statistics 2020 report.
What business owners say about video content:
- 87% say it has increased traffic to their website
- 80% say it has directly helped increase sales
- 89% say it gives them a good ROI
What audiences say about video content
- 96% have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service
- 84% purchased because of a brand’s video
- 86% would like to see more video from brands in 2020
Based on these numbers, video can help build awareness, connect with customers and increase conversions. It’s also naturally engaging. With information overload becoming more evident online, it’s important to offer content that is easy and entertaining to digest or else consumers will scroll down and move on.
How To Create Marketing Videos In 3 Steps
Step 1: Choose Your Topic
Before you create marketing videos, get crystal clear on what the focus of your video will be. Work on a few ideas and narrow them down to only one main topic; you will lose viewers if the flow of the video seems aimless. It should always represent your brand, enhance what you offer and provide value to your target audience.
Where to get video topic ideas
- Updates in your industry
- Current events
- Relative social media hashtags
- Your competitor’s type of videos
- Industry experts’ websites
- Use blog topics on your website that generated engagement
Step 2: Identify Your Objective or Type
Your objective and type of video content should provide direction for the basis of your script, visual style, delivery, and even the sharing platform to use.
3 General Types of Videos
Typically, these videos have broad audience appeal and high entertainment value. The goal is to attract the viewer and get them hooked so you’ll have the opportunity to introduce your brand. (Examples: Behind the Scenes, Round-Ups, Company Updates)
These are videos that spark a conversation, convince the viewers to share, like, comment and answer questions. They provoke thoughts and trigger emotions. (Examples: Interview, VLOG – diary-style film)
These videos teach or provide information for the viewers to use; perfect for new customers who want to be familiar with your products and services. (Examples: How-Tos, Case Studies)
Step 3: Create Your Marketing Video
- Write your script
- Outline the key points
- Offer something of value to your audience
- Add a solution to a pain point
- Time your video (The average viewer prefers to watch videos that are less than two minutes long.)
- Write note cards To help keep you on track with what you want to say
- Practice Keep practising to get the flow right
- Use the Right Tools and Video Equipment: Choose tools and video equipment suitable for the type of video you’re creating. Would a regular camera phone suffice? Do you need to engage a professional videographer? Other tools to use: Tripod, Microphone, Lighting, Selfie sticks
- Edit video: Use the right apps or software when editing; there are so many to choose from in the market. Before shooting your actual video, take advantage of free trials to see what would work best for you.
- Share Your Video: When you’re doing free-flowing, live videos, choose the right platform. Almost all social media networks can broadcast real-time videos such as on Facebook Live. Post and share your video on your website, your social media accounts and other platforms. Optimise your title by using related popular keywords. Make it intriguing so you can capture the interest of your audience, resulting in them wanting to click and watch.
Adding video content in your digital marketing strategy is an excellent idea because it’s the future! Video content creation will become an even more popular marketing medium as the number of people who prefer watching video continues to grow.
Consumers also want to access information as quickly as possible and be entertained at the same time — videos, when executed correctly, can undoubtedly address both these needs.